These diets can prevent your weight loss success in the long term
Many people still associate losing weight with frustration, renunciation and torment. But it gets even worse: Because one-sided diets or forms of nutrition are no guarantee that you will really lose weight in the long term and in a healthy way. Frustration is almost inevitable!
So that this doesn't happen to you, we list some nutritional variants that will bring your feel-good figure within reach. You will then receive a checklist for a healthy diet that will help you maintain your weight over the long term.
Nutrition, foundation of health
Of course food is vital, we all know that. But what is the significance of what goes into our mouth every day?
The brain consciously or unconsciously controls and regulates most of the body's vital functions. For this reason, it is important that the brain is constantly supplied with "fuel" and oxygen. Fuel is provided by the bloodstream metabolizing nutrients derived from the digested food.
Thus, the food one eats is directly related to brain structure and brain function. Not only our brain, but all processes in the body need such nutrients as fuel. Without the nutrients from the diet, processes such as the metabolism work only insufficiently and stop completely in the worst case. Therefore, what you eat and drink every day is the basis of your physical and mental health.
Crash diet for short-term weight loss
The so-called crash diets only work because the body is deprived of numerous calories. So if for example a women wants to fit into her wedding dress in eight weeks and therefore only takes in around 1,000 calories, drinks lots of water and goes jogging every day, she loses weight.
If she goes back to eating normally during her honeymoon, she will gain weight again though. But why actually? Because the human body wants to build up fat reserves for "bad times" and doesn't give them up that quickly.
A crash diet is therefore a short-term weight loss method that often has a yo-yo effect. In order to really lose weight in the long term and without stress, you have to change your life. Proper nutrition is one thing, sufficient exercise is another.
Entire food groups are banned
According to nutritionists, it is absolutely unhealthy for the body when a diet bans entire food groups, such as carbohydrates. Such diets tend to be neither long-term nor sustainable. Therefore, such prohibitions are a telltale sign of poor nutrition.
For example, if carbohydrates are banned from some diets, you will lack energy during the day. Of course, it is not unhealthy if you only give up or reduce it for a short period of time. But if you're just losing weight by cutting out an entire food group, you'll gain it back as soon as you return to a healthy, balanced diet.
Eating together makes you happy?
How often do you eat because the people around you are hungry - whether family, colleagues or friends. Often one adapts to the habits of the environment. And that's a good thing, because according to studies, eating together with others leads to more happiness and well-being.
However, if your diet makes it impossible to eat or enjoy meals with others, it is a sign that the diet is not right for you.
Because today there are suitable restaurants or meals for almost all forms of nutrition. If this is not the case for you, you should reconsider your diet.
Checklist for a healthy diet
- Above all, buy fresh and seasonal. So mainly fruit and vegetables from the region. There is a lot of fiber here, the favorite food of our good intestinal bacteria, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Carbohydrates: Reach for whole grain instead of products made from plain flour. It contains more minerals and vital substances, and the whole grain also ensures a longer-lasting feeling of satiety.
- Fats: Make sure you have a balanced selection of oils: olive oil, linseed oil, coconut oil and hemp oil are valuable ingredients on the plate. They provide us with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, energy and omega-3 fatty acids. These are essential; this means they are not made by our bodies and must be obtained from food.
- Proteins: Proteins can come from animal or vegetable sources such as legumes and nuts. Our muscles cannot grow without proteins! Please note that protein should always be combined with vital substances from fruit, vegetables and spices, this promotes the acid-base balance.
- Spices are like daily medicine for our body and help our physique to stay healthy and put an end to some inflammations in the bud.
- Buy in organic quality! These products often contain fewer pesticides and other toxins that can harm our organism.
Our tip for your main meal:
A main meal should always consist of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. In this order. You should also always combine protein with fruit, vegetables and spices.
Eat with pleasure and still lose weight - it works!
The goal of a diet should be that you not only fit into your favorite jeans after four weeks or months, but also after four years. Ergo, it is tasty, fills you up, is healthy and fits into your everyday life.
If you also start effective training with 1 to 2 units every 10 days, nothing stands in the way of your healthy feel-good figure. Fitter, more relaxed, healthier - you can achieve these three points cleverly and effectively. Simply let us advise you without obligation and arrange a free expert consultation with our health coaches via our website and secure 14 days free of charge Training in our EVO Studios.