Marisa HeinzeFebruary 15, 2023
Your checklist: lose weight with the help of your metabolism
Do you know about your metabolism? Your metabolism is an important part, especially if you want to lose weight. Because with the help of the metabolism, unwanted pounds can disappear.
The goal of metabolism is to obtain energy from nutrients. This energy is also called calories. Energy that is not used is stored in the body, e.g. B. in the form of glucose in muscle cells or in the form of protein as body fat.
However, when the metabolism is disturbed, the calories that are ingested are no longer processed, but stored as a reserve in the body. These are our love handles. Therefore, it is essential for losing weight that your metabolism runs smoothly.
But what disturbs the metabolism? A few factors that can negatively affect metabolism include: e.g.:
- One-sided diet
- Too much stress
- Not enough sleep
- Not drinking enough
- Too much sitting
- Hardly any exercise
- Too much alcohol
The good news: You can actively influence your metabolism yourself. Because by avoiding the disruptive factors, you can also do something good for your metabolism. In addition, nutrition is the key to metabolism and has a significant influence on it.
But what are the steps in detail? We have put together a procedure with the individual steps and a checklist for activating your metabolism:
The way to an active metabolism
In naturopathic procedures, a balanced acid-base is often the basis and the link between the applications and the development of the intended benefit. With every bite and every sip you can support your body to become alkaline. Therefore, the first step is to restore your acid-base balance.
Next, your drinking habits will be put to the test: every cell in our body needs water, and no metabolic process can take place without sufficient liquid. It is therefore essential that we drink enough, adapted to the respective situation. Sometimes we forget, or our body signals hunger instead of thirst. That's why this step is particularly important to get your metabolism going.
By drinking enough, you have also done a lot for your lymphatic system. This is closely linked to the metabolism and therefore also needs attention. You can achieve further helpful support for the lymphatic system with the right seasoning, just like with a short cold shower.
Last but not least, it's all about movement. It doesn't work without movement. If we stopped moving, our metabolism would also come to a standstill. And since most of us don't do enough for our muscles anyway and spend most of our time behind a desk, targeted training is so important.
If you sit a lot, get up and move around. For those who are always on their feet anyway, the opposite is of course true.
Your checklist: 5 steps to an active metabolism
Step 1 Acid-base balance
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
- Integrate more alkaline-forming foods into your diet.
- Always combine protein with vital substances.
- Get enough exercise .
- Drink in a way that is good for your body.
Step 2 Drink
- Healthy adults drink between 1.5 and 2.5 liters of water per day. If you're exercising or sweating a lot, adjust your drinking accordingly. If in doubt or if you are ill, you should talk to your doctor about the appropriate amount to drink. And by the way, there is also too much of a good thing, so don't overdo it.
- What you drink is particularly important. Not everything is equally helpful. Still water is the best choice, followed by herbal tea. Both support your acid-base balance. Carbonated drinks and those that are sweetened make your body acidic.
- Drink in sips and spread out throughout the day so your body can absorb the water better.
- A digital drinking app on your smartphone regularly reminds you to watch your water balance.
- Drink one or two glasses of body-warm water or a hot lemon before breakfast. It wakes you up, works better for many than coffee and your metabolism gets going in the morning.
Step 3 Lymphatic System
- Do specific exercises while sitting. For example the calf pump or stretching extensively.
- Spice up with everything your heart desires. Aromatic food that tastes good, nourishes and relaxes us. Just be a little sparing with the salt. We need salt in our meals, but a little less is usually enough!
- Those who like refreshments can, for example, incorporate a Kneipp knee affusion in the morning shower. The alternation of warm and cold water stimulates the circulation. The lymphatic system is activated. You also promote the formation of brown adipose tissue, which keeps us slim and comfortable.
Step 4 Regeneration
- Set a timer and get up every 1.5 hours.
- Take a few steps, preferably stairs, which also stimulates your circulation.
- Do stimulating or stress-reducing breathing exercises.
Step 5 Training
- Train tailored to your needs.
- Build muscle strength. At the latest from the age of 35 we lose muscle mass. You can counteract this and we will support you. Book a free trial here.
- Combine strength and endurance training.
- Exercise for at least half an hour in the fresh air every day.
- Get your circulation going in momentum through moderate walking, Nordic walking or cycling.
This is how losing weight with an active metabolism works
In order to lose weight, you need to expend more calories in your body than you take in from food. Your BMR helps you figure out how many calories you burn at rest. This rate depends on your gender, age and height.
The basal metabolic rate can be actively influenced by how your body can process the nutrients and how much you train yourself. The more you exercise, the more energy your body needs and uses. The great thing about it is that muscles burn calories even when they are at rest - which in turn increases your basal metabolic rate.
But be careful: you have to consume enough calories to keep your body's processes working. Your body needs the nutrients just as much.
This means maintaining the right balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein and vitamins. Otherwise you will lose weight quickly, but you will gain weight again just as quickly.
We have the ideal program for you so that you can activate your metabolism effectively and enjoyably: In 4 weeks to your feel-good figure. Let us advise you without obligation on how your way to your personal feel-good figure can look like. Make an appointment now!