Training14th May 2018
Tutorial: Hanging twist
How does fitness evolve?
Learn how to perform a Hanging Twist the EVO way.
- Hanging Twist is a very functional exercise whose foundation lies in rotation.
- Performing it in an alternated way activates all trunk muscles on a horizontal plan
- By twisting the torso we can increase trunk strength, mobilization and stabilization
- Hang the bar fixed on the strips with your arm extended above the head
- If you need, you can bend your knees a little to have your arm and trunk well extended
- Stand in front the bar, with your feet on the floor, twist your hip to the side
- Your knees should be pointing to the side while your chest is facing forward
- After hanging in the bar and stabilizing your trunk, push your knees up and twist the hips at the same time, while suspended for a moment
- Land on your feet, stretch the trunk a little and twist again to the initial Position
- Warm-up is a very important stage of an exercise program. It increases body temperature, prepares muscles, ligaments and tendons to exercise
- Rotational movement allows the body to accelerate and decelerate forces and make some upper body and lower body movement transfers
- Most of human muscles are oblique, which means that they are prepared to twist; warm up the torso will prepare the vertebral column to this effort.