Training26th April 2018
How to set and keep new habits?
If you’ve slipped into a negative routine during the winter, you’re not alone. Colder weather makes it harder to exercise outdoors - or leave the house at all. But even when the outdoor world resembles a snow globe, there are ways to develop, change and stick to Habits.Fortunately for us, summer is on the way. And spring is a delightful time for fresh changes - figuring out which habits serve you and shaking off those that don’t. Perhaps it’s how you manage stress, organise your time, or maybe you want to get into a fitness routine. Maybe it’s all of them. How do we boot out bad habits and create long-term strategies for routines that make life better?
- Don’t waste mental energy
- Identify the root cause of your bad habits
- Why are you stressed? Because I’m late for work.
- Why are you late for work? Because I didn’t get out of bed as soon as my alarm went off.
- Why didn’t you get out of bed on time? Because I’m tired and stressed.
- Why are you tired and stressed? Because I hate my job.
- Why do you hate your job? Because I can’t control my stress levels.
- Make new habits keepers
- Keep it simple